Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Two Great Actors








Philip Seymour Hoffman:

“My love for the theater has always been a priority. That hasn't changed. I got into acting that way. The film work that came up was really a surprise.”

“Sometimes I'm uncomfortable with the level of fame I've got! It all depends on the day and what's going on. I don't desire any more fame. I don't need it.”

“There isn't, like, one formula, ... Everybody has their own way to go about it. Everybody is ultimately looking for that something that will spark their imagination, what will propel them forward with some passion to make the part work.”

“That technical stuff is really practice. It's not some magical thing. It's hard work, like an athlete, in a way. You just have to practice how to embody this character. If I'm playing a character who isn't like I am, it can take months and months.”

“The last thing I wanted to do was mimic him. I wanted to get his essence. It was the hardest thing I ever did on film.”

“When I started studying him, then became semi-obsessed with him, I saw the parallels, ... In our ages, that we're both artists, in the price that's paid for going after something with complete focus, with blinders on. And the discovery that what you wish for most probably won't bring you happiness.”

Christian Bale:

“I have a fear of being boring.”

"If everyone really knew what a jerk I am in real life, I wouldn't be so adored in the slightest."

"I love going to night clubs, but there are things that should be done anonymously, y'know? The key is to dress like shit, which I always do"

“My method can be nothing, or the most intense, bizarre preparations you've ever seen.”

No comments: